Sunday, February 14, 2010

Our Valentine's Night Out

It's been so long since Kerry and I have "gone out dancing". I mean--I can't remember, so leading up to this evening, I thought, hmmmm, OK, he wants to see me in a dress--dressed UP! I mean---we're going to a place called Yesterdays, it's out in the country here in Athens, kind of looks like the Knights of Columbus hall, and they put on several things throughout the year, no drinking, no smoking, which that's good. We don't do neither, and we with a bunch of our Christian friends, so even if some of us did, we probably wouldn't in front of each other, know what I mean?!?!



So I bought a black skirt, black top, red shirt, HOSE (Give me Strength!!!!) they felt like sandpaper, I thought I would die with those things on. When I got in the car this afternoon there they were laying in the floorboard:) HeeHee I thought I'm going to look HOT for my man. Although he thought I did, I didn't think so, I changed my tops I know 10 times, and the red jacket at least 7 times. sigh// So off we go at around 5:15, dinner is at 6:00. Let's go honey.



We get there, pull into the gravel parking lot, sign on the road with flashing neon lights, yep-there's Yesterdays. We back in, not many there, Kerry and I are just kind of talking, we see a guy come outside



Me: Honey-that looks like Harry (he has high hair)

Kerry: You mean Harvey

Me: YES! I I'm sorry I meant HarveY!

Kerry: Yes it does look like him. Hmmm, so he's here early.

a minute goes by

Kerry: Is that Harvey???? Why does he have STAFF written on the back of his shirt? Does he work here?!?!

Me: I don't think so-----I've taken my glasses off now because I want to look sexy for my man tonight. So I put my glasses on and look real good-OH that's not Harvey-it just looks like him because he has high hair.

*******************************************************************

People start pulling in to the gravel driveway-

Me: OH NO! those people have jeans on, I WISH I HAD WORN MINE. I would be so much comfortable especially when I start doing the Electric Slide~~~~

Kerry: But you look so nice, your beautiful!

Me: Ahhhhaw-thank you honey---you too!



Me: Ok, there's a couple that dressed up----HONEY!!!! All these people are OLD farts! My goodness. Well it doesn't matter because we're with our biker friends and other friends so it doesn't matter. It'll still be fun.



Kerry: Ew-these people are pulling in with a hummer-

Me: How nice, 2 couples get out, their dressed up, and they look preppy, they don't look like the type that would be there, they look more like Bridge Street people. I'm checking the two ladies out to see if I MIGHT look as nice as them. One was taller and slenderer so pretty, so NO I'm not like her for sure.



Kerry: There's a couple with jeans on............

Me: As they walk closer to the door---that's Barry and Teresa

Kerry: Oh yea, it is, want to get out

Me: NO WAY! It's freezing outside, we'll sit in the car so we can check everybody out :) Poor Teresa, she doesn't have a coat, should we ask her if she wants this one in the car?!?!

Oh there's Steve and Donna............

They wouldn't let us in until 6:00, walked up to get our meal, chicken or steak, we opted for chicken, made up salads in small styrophome bowls, baked potato, roll, dessert, tea, water, coffee. It was good, THEN the fun began. Roberta Silva came out and entertained us. I remember her back when I was 21 yrs old during the JetStar days......... She STILL looked good. At the break I went up to her and she hugged me and knew my name, knew I was a Zarzour, we talked and talked. She's almost 53, darling figure. It was fun, we danced our little bunyons off........ BTW-I treated Kerry to a spa pedicure yesterday--they had their work cut out for themselves, he has a HUGE callous on the bottom of one of his feet, and they scraped and scraped, I believe they scraped enough to fill up a four place setting of spaghetti toppings:)

We got home around 10:30, that's late for us. But it was fun. I love my darling. He's the bestest husband a girl could ask for. I would take NOTHING in his place,and NEVER will......... He's so good to me. We took a nap this afternoon, got up, went to the big town of Athens--we took Samantha with us also, she was due to get out of the house, wheeeeewwwwweeeee-went to Lowes, that's always fun, even for a woman; went to Zaxby's for a salad (their really not low fat when you think about it); went to Starbucks to get a cup of coffee; then dropped by Cracker Barrel just to look around at the goodies, had all their easter stuff out. We could smell the fireplace going as soon as we walked in. Mmmmm, smelled soooooo good. Made us want to head to the mountains in the Smokies. We LOVE the Smokies. I told Kerry when we go this year I wanted to get a wood-burning fireplace this time. We normally have the gas logs.

So I would say we had a pretty good Valentines. We're expecting snow tonight. :) Holiday tomorrow. Kerry is on call for the next two weeks. He can't anything during that time.








Sue and Lenny-their getting married in 3 weeks!!!!!! Ahhh, how sweet.



My sexy babe trying to serenade me! :)



Look at the fancy decor' in the background! They should go in photography!




Kathy, Kim, and Donna (Ladies in Red)

1 comment:

  1. Dang you guys look so hot!

    That naked light up cupid in the background of your picture is cracking me up! I love that whoever took the picture put you guys on the side of the picture to be sure and get the full view of the decked out mantel.

    Sounds like a really fun night out!

    ReplyDelete